In my previous post I looked at handling hyperlinks when importing Google spreadsheets via the C# SDK. Today, I continue the GSuite theme with a short piece on importing Excel workbooks into the Google Sheets format via the C# SDK. (Since these posts are so closely related, I decided to post them together.)
Recently, when writing a script to import data from Google Sheets into a database using the C# SDK, I came across a problem handling pasted hyperlinks in the source spreadsheet. The solution in the end was, thankfully, fairly straightforward, but Google’s documentation was quite poor, and I found little useful information on the web. Hopefully this post will save a few developers some time (and prevent a few grey hairs in the process).
Welcome to my blog, where I’ll be sharing my thoughts on writing beautiful, clean code, making remote teams work well together across multiple continents and timezones, doing automated testing in a pragmatic, effective way, and many other topics (including the occasional detour into Star Trek, Golden Age science fiction, and Huddersfield Town).